1. Starting at the site of the old school – 9.30
Introduction – Karl
Read from Sr Francesca’s memories
Reading – short / pertinent to Srs of St Joseph
Blessing of a medal of St Anne – (The nuns buried a medal of St Anne’s in the ground at the site of the original school and prayed that money would be given to start a school. Luckily for us, their prayer was answered)
2. Begin procession to St Anne’s Church – all other students and teachers to be lined up on the field bordering the footpath
Paris to Karanga us as we approach She will stand initially at the border of the school grounds. Haka Powhiri by intermediates as we pass
3. Before mass begins we will have a brief explanation of what happened at the old site.
4. Mass – please practice the songs for prayer in the first week of school 10am
Entrance – National Anthem
Offertory – Te Aroha
Communion – The Table – Chris Rice
Mass parts – Andrew Chinn
Prayers of the Faithful – E Te Ariki
Recessional – School Song
5. After mass will be speeches – confirmed speakers so far Peter Dunlop, Mayor
6. Cutting of the jubilee cake
7. Tour of the school for the grandparents and guests
8. Morning tea in the hall for grandparents and guests.
After morning tea and the grandparents have gone we will have mission groups which Sue F is planning
After lunch the plan is to do tabloid sports in mission groups. Halim and Tonya is it possible for the PAL leaders to organise this?